Saturday 23 March 2013

UX presentation for CIM

This week I had the pleasure of presenting at a Chartered Institute of Marketing (CIM) conference in Edinburgh. My presentation? "Marketing is dead, long live user experience!" (I didn't get lynched).


While I was being at least a little tongue in cheek, I really do think that user experience management is the future. The role of traditional marketing is on the wane. The billboard, the slick ad, the glossy brochure will always have a place in higher education but the odds of them influencing a prospective student are reducing year on year.

Why listen to what the organisation is saying when you can listen to what customers are saying?

Here are the slides I presented with my boss...


Marketing is dead, long live user experience from Neil Allison


Considering the message and the audience, the session went very well :)

Lots of people came along to hear what we had to say, with lots of follow up questions and comments in person and on Twitter.

Twitter conversation and comments on the presentation
Twitter conversation during and after the presentation

No comments:

Post a Comment