Thursday 26 July 2012

Edinburgh UX group session slides

I ran a pilot session at the University of Edinburgh yesterday with the aim of pulling together colleagues with an interest in user experience. My intro slides are available on Slideshare.

I've been talking about this for quite a while as I usually have a handful of attendees at user testing training sessions asking if I organise opportunities for staff to get together and test. So the plan was to give folk this chance, and also to put on a webinar where newbies can learn something too.

I started with an introductory presentation on what user experience is all about, providing some context by looking at its relationship with usability, marketing and advertising before splitting the group up. Some paired up and spent their time testing their websites and applications, while the rest watched Steve Krug's 'The Least You Can Do About Usability' followed by a discussion session.

The feedback has been great. Thinking this is something I'll try to do every 3 months or so.



No comments:

Post a Comment