Tuesday 24 November 2009

Snagit - a great prototyping tool

I bought a copy of Snagit during the summer after it was recommended to me by just about every usability professional on the course I was attending.

It's great. I love it.

If you need to mock up web pages or interfaces based on something that already exists it's brilliant.

If you need to grab screenshots for training materials or to provide feedback it's fantastic.

Did I mention that it's great? Quick and intuitive to use, I've saved hours and hours in the past 3 months.

Snagit screencapture and editing software

And it's cheap. Less than $40 for an educational license. When it came through, I actually had 4, so could share it round the office. So less than $10 a pop in the end!

And a 30 day free trial.

I like it. Did you notice?

1 comment:

  1. I agree, I've been using it for the last couple years and each release gets better and better. The newest one lets you capture short film clips so you can demonstrate the interaction of something on a website- this has proven to be a great feature which saves time spent trying to explain something in words!

    ReplyDelete