Paul pretty much hits the nail on the head with how things usually go.
Normally things work something like this…
- The website owner becomes unhappy with his site and decides things need to change.
- He concludes the site needs redesigning and so writes a brief before asks web agencies to pitch for the work.
- The agencies respond and one is selected for a expensive redesign of the site.
- The agency throws out the old site and builds a new one.
- The website owner pays the web agency and they go their separate ways.
- Slowly the site decays as the business changes and new features/content is added.
- Sometime later the website owner becomes dissatisfied again and the process repeats.
He then goes on to discuss alternatives to this incredibly costly and wasteful approach.
If you manage a website, or are working for someone who is insisting it's time to rip it all up and start again, this article is worth a read.
No plans to redesign your site? Now is the time to hire a web design agency - article by Paul Boag